14″ to 16″ Big Horn Barrel Saddle 1534
I can provide you some broad knowledge about barrel racing saddles made by Big Horn and the attributes you should look for in one.
A well-known company called Big Horn manufactures a range of Western-style saddles, including ones made for barrel racing. Barrel racing saddles are designed expressly to withstand the fast curves and sudden accelerations that characterize the sport. The following are some general qualities and attributes that a barrel saddle such as the Big Horn 1534 may have:
Options for Size: The saddle comes in a range of seat sizes, usually from 14 to 16 inches. For a comfortable fit, the size you select will depend on your preferences and body type.
Big Horn barrel saddles are made with characteristics that are specifically tailored to meet the requirements of barrel racers. This includes putting the seat forward to aid in the rider’s centering during rapid movements around barrels and tight curves.
Tree and Materials: The saddle is probably constructed from a high-quality tree, which serves as its main structural support. Big Horn is renowned for employing robust materials—leather frequently among them—to guarantee comfort and longevity.
Tooling and Aesthetics: The saddle may have ornamental tooling or other aesthetic components, depending on the type. The style can be changed to accommodate personal tastes.
Lightweight Design: Compared to other Western saddles, barrel racing saddles are usually lighter. Better agility and reactivity are made possible during barrel racing championships by its lightweight design.
Stirrups and Rigging: Barrel saddles frequently feature forward-hung stirrups and a close-contact rigging system to help the rider stay balanced and stable during quick movements.
Tooling and Aesthetics: The saddle may have ornamental tooling or other aesthetic components, depending on the type. The layout can be changed to accommodate personal tastes.
- Tree: Fiberglass covered barrel tree, 13″ front, Full quarter horse bars
- Cantle: 5″ with natural rawhide rope rolled, silver laced with tool overlay
- Seat: 14″, 15″, or 16″ roughout, padded
- Horn: 3.5″ x 2″ natural rawhide braided
- Gullet: Medium width
- Rigging: 7/8 rigging with C plates
- Skirts: 24″ x 11″
- Fenders: 16″ x 7″, 2.5″ stirrup leathers with quick changed buckles
- Stirrups: Rawhide covered Bell with latigo lacing
- Finish: Light Golden, Chestnut, Chocolate
- Trim: Full oak and acorn tooled with silver conchos, rough out side jockeys and fenders
- Weight: Approximately 25 lbs.